much does it cost to stay and live at Carmelina's Home?
rely exclusively on our annual fundraising events, donations, sponsorships
and the voluntary services provided by healthcare professionals
and community volunteers. Supported by either family or Social
Service Assistance, the residents pay $950 per month for the program.
do not receive any government funding.
How can I join the Carmelina's
- Contact the Executive Director of Carmelina's Home by telephone.
- Schedule a personal interview.
- Upon admission, a date and time will be confirmed.
- Prior to admission, each new applicant must:
- Provide a one month's advance payment of the program fee.
- Be detoxified.
- Complete a full medical examination.
- Provide a psychiatric history and referral as required in cases
of dual diagnosis or concurrent disorders.
Why is family contact limited?
experience has proven that addiction and substance abuse are often
a function of maladjusted coping behaviours. Addiction often affects
self-awareness, which is needed to learn and grow. Without distractions
of family demands and needs, you are able to spend the time needed
to self-focus and learn how to deal with yourself first and then
Why is the program so long?
of experience and hands-on work has taught us that time is needed
for successful rehabilitation. Everyone needs time to heal pain,
suffering and unhealthy coping methods. New behaviours and methods
of coping cannot be learned overnight. While two years may seem
long, it is really a drop in a bucket in comparison to our whole
lives…. Why not take the time now? You deserve
Is the program successful?
To date, we have had many women
successfully complete the program. However, success is not measured
in numbers - it is measured in how well a person is oriented towards
a successful life, when she is:
- Able to abstain from substance use, addictive behaviours and
unhealthy coping methods that kept her in a destructive life pattern.
- Better able to deal with problems in a responsible manner (including
relapse, drug or behavioural).
- Oriented toward a more independent and productive lifestyle.
- More positive and consistent in her emotional and interpersonal